Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade Spray and Wash {Recipe}

6/18/2012 - UPDATED TO ADD:

This stuff WORKS!  I've been using it for a few months now and it is just as good if not better than the other store bought stuff out there.  

------------------------------------------------------------

I ran out of Spray and Wash today.  Hmmmm.  

I googled "homemade spray and wash" and came across several recipes, including this one.  So I decided to attempt it.  As you may recall, I make my own laundry detergent....so why not attempt my own Spray and Wash too?  

So I took my old bottle and the ingredients you see below and made some.  


Homemade Spray and Wash Recipe:

Pour the following into your old Spray and Wash bottle - 

1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup ammonia (this will knock you over, so do NOT take a whiff)
1/2 cup Wisk

Then add enough water to almost fill up the bottle.  Shake well.  Then use.


After I have had a few washings to use this - I will let you know how it works and will update this post.

If it doesn't work, I'll need to find a use for this gallon of ammonia I now have.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whether this recipe works or not, you will need the ammonia when you find a recipe that DOES work.